The Living Heritage Shooting Village is home to the UK’s only Advanced Instructor of Field Archery + Coordinator of NASP® (National Archery in the Schools Program).
All equipment used is the best available (two bow styles and two arrow types) and carefully selected for all ages (and stature) before total novices or ‘old’ hands shoot conventional targets, dinosaurs, dragons, fake “prey”… and a balloon wall.
ACA staff are fully trained and friendly folk who assure visitors a fun and high achieving visit to the Archery Ranges. Uniquely NASP® qualified, ACA is provider of the biggest, best and safest Archery Education programme in the world and is constantly on the lookout for new schools/instructors to spread the word and create UK teams of 10-18 year-olds to compete in the NASP® World Champs every year.
The Shooting Village Archery ranges are open to all ages, with a minimum height of 1.4m.
For 2019 we will have complete Archery kits available to take away at below retail price. A kit consists of either a Recurve or Genesis bow with carbon or aluminium arrows, plus accessories..
ATEO – Airguns
This year, the ATEO Range is again exclusive to Living Heritage and forms the partnership with ACA Archery and RAPTOR paintball in The Shooting Village. Suitable for beginners and those wanting a bit more experience, all our coaches are fully trained and certificated.
For the more seasoned air gun enthusiast, there are competitions alongside the opportunity to try out some more exclusive items of equipment before you buy.
Within the range there will be 7 separate disciplines:
- 20 metre paper target and 40 metre knock down target bench rest ranges, with extreme lengths of 40 plus at shows where space is available. Test and use the full BSA range; the new Brocock and Daystate rifles.
- Airgun clinic ( subject to time allocation) bring your own gun and discuss issues, if you want to book a slot, please contact us via Facebook page
- Daisy B.B. inflatable range using the world renowned Daisy rifle suitable for all ages.
- Speed Shoot with light up targets using a CO2 pistol, pit your skills against the clock and see if you can set a new record in 2019!
- Tesro pistols and rifles on show, with availability of a full blown 20 min lesson using Olympic 10 metre range (subject to time availability) using these unique, handmade Tesro air guns – come and experience the Tesro smile!
- 20m competition qualifiers, sponsored by BSA, using BSA GOLDSTAR.
- Training course run the day after each show. Pest control, FAC Airgun, handling and improvement are available subject to numbers.
The 2019 competition will be a 20 metre bench rest paper target, open for both adults and juniors.
The qualifiers from the 5 Games and Country Fairs (including Saturday 28th September at Wiltshire ) will be invited to the compete in the final at the Wiltshire Game and Country Fair on Sunday afternoon 29th September 2019 (save this date)
The prizes will be;
- BSA Scorpion rifle (adult over 16yrs) (pictures sent separately If space)
- BSA Junior Ultra rifle (junior age 10-15 yrs)
Age of competitors:
- Juniors 10-15 years
- Adults 16 and over
Specially designed paper target with LH and BSA grading at 20 yards.
5 spot target with a 4.6mm centre ring. If the pellet touches or breaks the line it is a 9 rather than a 10. Cards to go down on the outside ring. The marshall’s decision is final.
Course of fire
Using a gold star rifle in 177 calibre, 5 sighting shots on competition paper target (practise)
Target changed and 5 shots for the competition card scored, this card’s score is taken regardless of score on practice card. Details of qualifiers to be taken (name, address and mobile or email will be requested) at time of qualifying. The qualifiers fir each show will be notified after the show.
The qualifiers for each class, from each day from each of our 5 shows will be invited to the final at Wiltshire Game & Country Fair at Bowood House 29th September 2019. As we only have 5 shows this year to qualify, your chances of winning are increased.
The highest score on the day at the Wiltshire final for each class will walk off with the prize for their category. ( Full training and paperwork will be given to the winners) A parent/ guardian must be present for the junior final.
RAPTOR (Responsive Aiming and Tactical Operation Range) is as far as we can fin, the first of its kind anywhere in the UK, and uses magazine fed paintball markers and a variety of tactical equipment to deliver a more realistic and unique paintball experience. Many people are put of from taking part in paintball because of the physical nature of the game and the pain from being hit! Well, our range takes the ‘pain’ out of paintball by shooting at interactive targets which don’t shoot back, all within a relaxed yet competitive environment!