The Living Heritage Shooting Village is home to the UK’s only Advanced Instructor of Field Archery + Coordinator of NASP® (National Archery in the Schools Program).
All equipment used is the best available (two bow styles and two arrow types) and carefully selected for all ages (and stature) before total novices or ‘old’ hands shoot conventional targets, dinosaurs, dragons, fake “prey”… and a balloon wall.
ACA staff are fully trained and friendly folk who assure visitors a fun and high achieving visit to the Archery Ranges. Uniquely NASP® qualified, ACA is provider of the biggest, best and safest Archery Education programme in the world and is constantly on the lookout for new schools/instructors to spread the word and create UK teams of 10-18 year-olds to compete in the NASP® World Champs every year.
The Shooting Village Archery ranges are open to all ages, with a minimum height of 1.4m.
For 2020 we will have complete Archery kits available to take away at below retail price. A kit consists of either a Recurve or Genesis bow with carbon or aluminium arrows, plus accessories..
ATEO – Airguns
This year, the ATEO Range is again exclusive to Living Heritage and forms the partnership with ACA Archery and RAPTOR paintball in The Shooting Village. Suitable for beginners and those wanting a bit more experience, all our coaches are fully trained and certificated.
For the more seasoned air gun enthusiast, there are competitions alongside the opportunity to try out some more exclusive items of equipment before you buy.
Within the range there will be 7 separate disciplines:
- 20 metre paper target and 40 metre knock down target bench rest ranges, with extreme lengths of 40 plus at shows where space is available. Test and use the full BSA range; the new Brocock and Daystate rifles.
- Airgun clinic ( subject to time allocation) bring your own gun and discuss issues, if you want to book a slot, please contact us via Facebook page
- Daisy B.B. inflatable range using the world renowned Daisy rifle suitable for all ages.
- Speed Shoot with light up targets using a CO2 pistol, pit your skills against the clock and see if you can set a new record in 2020!
- Tesro pistols and rifles on show, with availability of a full blown 20 min lesson using Olympic 10 metre range (subject to time availability) using these unique, handmade Tesro air guns – come and experience the Tesro smile!
- 20m competition qualifiers, sponsored by BSA, using BSA GOLDSTAR.
- Training course run the day after each show. Pest control, FAC Airgun, handling and improvement are available subject to numbers.
ATEO championships 2020
Sponsored by BSA / Gamo rifles
- Unlimited age group
- Junior under 14 years of age
2 Qualifiers per class per day from each of the Game fair qualifiers,
Thame / Burghley / Hampshire / Sandringham / Cheshire / Wiltshire Saturday only Qualifiers.
The Final to take place at Wiltshire on September 27th. Under normal qualifying rules. Qualifiers to assemble at the venue at 9.30am for briefing and to draw for shooting times.
Equipment to be used BSA Gold Star .177 or BSA Ultra JSR.177
Targets standard competition paper target with 5 bulls eyes to be shot at 20 yards range using bean bag rests as appropriate from straw bale bench
2 cards to be shot
Card 1 practice card 1 shot at each of the target centres.
Card 2 scoring target 1 shot at each of the target centres.
Scoring to be upwards if the line is broken. Scored by the marshals on the day whose decision will be final, in case of dispute to be decided by D Mills.
In case of tied scores an extra card to be shot as a competition card, as a decider. Highest score wins
RAPTOR (Responsive Aiming and Tactical Operation Range) is as far as we can find, the first of its kind anywhere in the UK, and uses magazine fed paintball markers and a variety of tactical equipment to deliver a more realistic and unique paintball experience. Many people are put of from taking part in paintball because of the physical nature of the game and the pain from being hit! Well, our range takes the ‘pain’ out of paintball by shooting at interactive targets which don’t shoot back, all within a relaxed yet competitive environment!